Each patient in the Intensive Outpatient Program will meet individually with their primary therapist on a weekly basis to further address substance use and other issues. Our experience shows that ongoing individual therapy, in addition to group therapy, increases the person’s chance at recovery and quality of life. We at The Recovery Center have a multi-disciplinary team of highly experienced professionals that pride themselves in their diligence to meet each patient’s individual needs.
Benefits and Goals of Individual Counseling
- Work through struggles with a skilled and caring professional
- Identify barriers to recovery
- It is often easier for a person to begin opening-up in individual therapy versus group therapy.
- Learning skills to help you achieve your goals and improve quality of life
- Developing a better understanding of your thoughts and why we think the way that we do.
- Develop a new perspective on how to relate to your loved ones
- Being able to share with someone with an objective perspective, can often times clarify things in various ways.
- Further develop and solidify a long-term recovery plan.