Family Program & Therapy
The family program consists of a weekly group for patients and participating family members. The focus of group is on understanding how addiction and substance abuse affect family systems, communication, boundaries, and coping with reactions and feelings towards the addiction and family. Al Anon, individual therapy, or additional family therapy is sometimes recommended for family members.
Topics for Family Group
- Repairing relationships
- Healthy boundaries
- Week to week issues that arise
- Rebuilding trust
- Al anon and/or Faith-Based family groups
- Healthy communication
Goals of the Family Program
- To establish or re-establish healthy levels of communication around the addiction and recovery.
- To educate family members on substance dependence and abuse, as well as on the treatment and recovery process.
- To address harm done to the family system from active addiction.
- To support family members in addressing their own reactions and feelings towards the addiction and loved one in treatment.
- To support family members in taking care of themselves emotionally, spiritually, and socially.
- To support the patient in beginning to re-establish trust and heal within the family.
- To support family members in setting and maintaining healthy boundaries.
Are you or someone you love suffering from addiction?
"I have benefited tremendously from my experience at TRC. I am thankful for all of the staff for helping me in my recovery and for always making me feel welcome. Thank you!"Anonymous Former Patient
Faith Based Treatment
Our Faith Based approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment uses Biblical Principles and Christian Counseling in addition to the 12-step recovery and psychotherapy program.Learn More
Our Professionals Program offers a treatment experience that is designed to address the specific issues that are typically faced by professionals in early recovery.Learn More
Our Young Adult program is generally for college aged patients. This program helps young adults not only in their road to recovery but also in their personal lives.
Gender Based Treatment
Having peers in group that understand and can relate to one’s own issues is critical. Experiencing this level of support will deepen and enrich the group experience.Learn More